Popular Dive Centers
Scuba diving in Phuket with DIVE ASIA
Established 1988, Dive Asia's philosophy is quite simple: Personal attention, professional service, affordable prices and all the fun that is great diving:
Join us for a once in a lifetime experience on a liveaboard cruise to the famous Similan and Surin National Parks in Thailand or an exciting daytrip to Phuket’s best local dive sites!
Learn to dive, improve your skills or become an instructor with our award winning diving courses and IDC programs.
Phuket Diving Guide
Discover Phuket and Phi Phi Island, one of the top 10 Scuba destinations in the world: it boasts crystal clear water, spectacular reefs and rock formations plus a vibrant ecosystem teeming with marine life.
Our diving guide features information about Diving Day Trips, Liveaboard Cruises, Dive Sites and Dive Courses. We also present you the best of phuket underwater world with special discounted prices and great offers.
Phuket Diving Highlights
* Incredible Visibility - The waters of the Andaman Sea are crystal clear, with visibility often exceeding 30 metres (100 feet), and extending up to 45 metres (150 feet).
* Warm Water - Average surface temperature is 28°C (82°F) with no thermocline.
* Thriving Ecosystem - Hundreds of varieties of hard and soft corals, brilliantly coloured fish and sea creatures, including some of the larger reef fish.
* Big Animals - Whale Shark and Manta Ray sightings are common occurances.
* Variety - Dozens of scenic island destinations lie within easy range of day boats and liveaboard cruises from Phuket.
* Year Round Diving - The visibility and water temperature stay consistent month in and month out right off of Phuket's coast.
* First Class Operators - Great food, expert supervision and comfortable accomodation are the norm on Phuket's liveaboards.
* Top Quality Dive Shops - Phuket dive shops offer affordable Scuba certification from beginner to master instructor. Courses are offered in languages ranging from English to Japanese to Russian. What better souvenir to take home than a PADI Open Water ticket as a Scuba diver, or, if you've already qualified, accreditation from a specialty course such as Natural History?
* World Famous Dive Sites - Some of the finest and most renowned dive sites in the world are located right off of the shores of Phuket. The Similan Islands, Burma Banks and the Mergui Archipelago are experiences sure to make you the envy of all your dive buddies back home.
* Phuket Island - The fun doesn't stop when you get out of the water. Phuket is one of the world's premier vacation destinations, offering beautiful beaches, gourmet restaurants, vibrant nightlife, exciting attractions and a wide variety of excellent accommodation.
Phuket Diving Daytrips
Phuket is fortunate to be in the centre of one of the world's best diving areas. Prospects at the local beaches are limited, however short day trips can bring you to some spectacular sites.
For those with a little time to spare, the first class dive vessels based here offer access to the Similan, Surin and Andaman Islands and much more.
Diving instruction near Phuket
It's worth shopping around a bit before deciding on where to go for instruction, since both prices and the quality of training vary considerably around the island.
Many Dive Shops will, if requested, mail descriptions of what they offer, including detailed prices of equipment rentals, sales, dive courses, excursions, and "extras". (For example, some advertise substantial discounts on new equipment for those doing certification courses.)
Article Source: http://www.phuket.com/diving/